Well there was some interest in this thread so I am going to run a Game of Thrones play by forums game.
Much of what follows is stolen from BoardGameGeeks play by forum format.
- This game will be played as per the Official Second Edition Rules and FAQ. There are some rule clarifications below.
- We will not be using Tides of Battle cards
- Ravens to other players are not allowed. (You may not communicate with other players about the game outside of this thread; no private messages or emails, etc.)
- Card draws will be determined by a random number generator and managed by me.
I will create and manage the decks using random.org I will have a Google Drive Spreadsheet of their current order that will be released at the end of the game so people may go back through the edit history to see that there was no funny business.
- Houses will be assigned randomly, you may exchange houses with another player before the game starts assuming you both agree (this is the only time you may communicate privately).
- Currently this game is a spoiler free zone. This may change with the consent of all the players.
- Use common sense. You do not need a moderator to resolve anything that does not involve a hidden feature (e.g. bidding). Do not wait for me to tell you to make your move; just check the turn order and resolve your action when it is your turn. You can also post and correct maps as needed. Of course, I will try to help keep things moving along.
- Let's all work together and avoid unnecessary delays. Please try to check in at least once a day and do not rely only on notifications/subscriptions. As the map will be online images, if you can update it with whatever means you are comfortable.
- If you will be away from the computer and unable to participate for 2+ days, please notify the moderator and/or the entire group.
- Players may be replaced at the moderator's and group's discretion if they have not posted in the thread or responded to PM reminders for some time (~2 days, unless the group decides to wait). This is to keep the game moving at a relatively fast pace, which is more fun for everyone. Of course we will try and avoid this.
- It maybe helpful to make sure your preferences are set so that private messages are sent to your email to help make sure you don't miss any.
- Use normal text for regular discussions.
- Use italics for politics and roleplaying (highly encouraged!).
- Use bold text for in-game moves and actions.
- If possible, do not edit game-related stuff (actions, politics). If you must, highlight the text that you edited by leaving the old text
striked through(use [del] [/del] but using pointy brackets rather than square) to clear up confusion. Someone may read your original post and not notice what has been changed later.
- To make things easier, we will address each other by our House names (for diplomacy and game actions in particular). You may address me as Maester, moderator or just as mod.
- All players will use banners when posting. Place them at the beginning of every post. To make them appear, use the appropriate code:
- Stark ``
- Greyjoy ``
- Lannister ``
- Baratheon ``
- Tyrell ``
- Martell ``
- Maester (Mod) ``
- If you're unsure of something (such as a rule or the way to phrase something) ask, either in the thread if you don't mind it being public or send me a private message.
Continued in the next post