Home Videos Games Podcastle

2018 Challenge: 10 Plays of 10 Games!

Slowly workin’ through the list. Ought to be done by, oh… mid-2020? At least I managed to get Race to the table in April. Twice! Good fun, but I’m wretched at it.

Carcassonne (1)
Codenames (10+)
Dominion (4)
Escape: The Curse of the Temple ()
Jaipur (2)
King of Tokyo (6)
Leaving Earth (5)
Patchwork (3)
Race for the Galaxy (2)
Snowbirds (4)
Sushi Go! (6)

You’re doing better than I am. I’ve done a total of three out of the hundred plays on my list so far, and we’re nearing mid-May. Some of this is my fault by selecting a number of games that have not hit the table before, but still, I was hoping to be a little further along on this by now.

Looking at it, I’d be doing a lot better if I had your list of games! :slight_smile:

Gotta set my hopes high if I expect real life to dash 'em.

1. You have my sympathies. If my experience is universal, then life is all about having your hopes dashed over and over and over again.

2. … but then having people help pick you up, dust you off, and support you as you try again anyways.

Because we don’t define ourselves by our failures, but by our (and our support network’s) ability to get up and try again.

Sorry for the tangent. Life is hard for almost everyone, and I don’t think “we” (that is, humanity) spend enough time to remind people that you’re not alone in all this mess.

Late to the party. I just joined the forum.

Pandemic legacy season 1 (17)
Tintas (16)
Cat Lady (9)
Fox in the Forest (0)
Near and Far (10)
Arboretum (0)
Azul (8)
Jaipur (6)
Hanamikoji (9)
Hardback (6)

Wow, I doubled the number of played games for my 10x10 this weekend. Went from 3 to 6! :stuck_out_tongue:

The month of May saw the continued dominance of Gloomhaven over all other games… I wonder if we’ll play 100 times by the end of the year… probably not, but still. Managed to get another game of Inis and my first playthrough of Scythe for the year (yay!)… may play Scythe again this week, but that’s going in the June plays.

Other than that, we played Vengeance, Alien Artifacts, and a few games of Parade, plus a couple games of Cry Havoc, all of which continued to impress.

I just picked up A Tale of Pirates, and I can’t wait to get that one on the table!

I got fox… its lovely and feels a very complete experience for something so small. I also played an long game of Tao Long. My partner and I have had 7 games now and having embedded the rules, it is getting really good. Strategy is still developing but the tactical play is now super interesting. Also enjoyed a game of citadels on Saturday evening

Funny how real life opens up a little extra free time, and a lot of these little boxes get checked off. (Glad I’m not only counting wins, though.)

Carcassonne (3)
Codenames (10+)
Dominion (7)
Escape: The Curse of the Temple ()
Jaipur (2)
King of Tokyo (8)
Leaving Earth (6)
Patchwork (6)
Race for the Galaxy (10+)
Snowbirds (4)
Sushi Go! (7)

Checking in again:
Gloomhaven (15) (+3)
Century: Golem Edition (9) (+2)
Stuffed Fables (6)
Pandemic: Legacy Sn 2 (7) (+2)
Ex Libris (3)
Terra Mystica (5) (+2)
Arkham Horror LCG (0)
Mottainai (3) (+3)
Roll for the Galaxy (2) (+2)
Via Nebula (2) (+2)

As of this weekend, I am at 10 of my 100 plays! And I’ve been promised a play of Inis for my birthday, which is not too far away, so I’ve got that going for me.

Birthday games count double.

Phew! Good month for hitting target games… three games of Merraforming Tars (sic) certainly helped.

July is looking to get off to a great start, too, since Monday I’ll be playing a full day of games with my more heavyweight game friends… maybe a game of Twilight Imperium (only 4 player, but that’s okay!). Maybe a game (or two! Dare I dream!?) of Scythe…

Anyway! Happy with June. Assuming I only count Gloomhaven as the target 10 playthroughs, I am 29 plays out of the goal of 100 six months into the year.

Not bad, really.

It’s halftime! Ting!

Gloomhaven 10/10

Gloomhaven 10/10

Terraforming Mars 1/10

Dead of Winter 10/10

Mansions 2nd Ed 10/10

Pandemic Season 2 3/10

Roll for the galaxy 4/10

Kingdom Death Monster 10/10

Lord of the rings LCG 10/10

AH LCG 10/10

Mostly complete apart from PLS2 which has stalled and TM which is going nowhere. If I include “puzzle room games” like Exit as one category I have already made 10 of those too. But let’s see how things pan out.

Another game of Concordia this weekend brings me to 12 plays out of the 100. June was a very good month for me, with four plays of Concordia and two of Legendary, doubling my total! If I can keep up this doubling pace, I’ll reach my goal! (No chance. :P)

I got distracted by capital, which I will also play 10 times this year. I also played some century spice rd. My partner pastes me at this. I get caught up in the cubes, while she, y’know, tries to win.

I just want to point out that today I played not one, not two, but FOUR games of Imperial Assault!

WOO!

Still my favourite dungeon-delver. And I actually got to play as a Rebel for the first time ever! Glee!

FFG, if you can hear me, please PLEASE release more scenarios soon. At the rate we’re going, we’ll finish the Flight of the Freedom Fighter in another week or two!

July update: 49 plays as of July 1
(Anything over 10 for a particular game doesn’t count toward the 100)
Gloomhaven (16) (+1)
Century: Golem Edition (9)
Stuffed Fables (6)
Pandemic: Legacy Sn 2 (7)
Ex Libris (3)
Terra Mystica (7) (+2)
Arkham Horror LCG (0)
Mottainai (3)
Roll for the Galaxy (2)
Via Nebula (2)

Man, July was a great month for keeping up with the Joneses. Finally got Imperial Assault on the table, which was wonderful (we played through the campaign plus the tutorial plus two non-App episodes).

We only played a couple games of Gloomhaven, but I’m way ahead of the curve there. And also managed to get games of Star Trek Ascendancy, Welcome To, Seikigahara, Jaipur, Hardback, and Alien Artifacts.

Loved ST:Ascendancy, so I traded my pimped-out copy of Rising Sun for my buddy’s pimped-out copy of Ascendancy, and then traded Alien Artifacts for his copy of New Angeles!

Hoping to play TI:4 again in August (looks like the 19th is good)… our last game saw me come in super-duper dead-last (10, 8, 8, 7, 7, 4) with the Winnu. Still a damn-fine game, though!

August 1 update: 53 games played so far
Gloomhaven (15 → 17) (+2; 7/25/18; 7/26/18)
Stuffed Fables (6 → 7) (+1; 7/26/18)
Pandemic: Legacy Sn 2 (7 → 8) (7+1; 7/28/18))
Ex Libris (3)
Century: Golem Edition (9)
Terra Mystica (7 → 8) (+1; 7/25/18)
Arkham Horror LCG (0)
Mottainai (3)
Roll for the Galaxy (2)
Via Nebula (2 → 3) (+1; 7/17/18)

My July was pretty rough, 10x10 wise. I only got four plays in.

I’ve decided I’m going to finish Century this month and get a proper start on Arkham Horror.